It is praised and abused, it is loved and hated. Specialists in the field of technologies praise and other experts abuse, competitors hate and ordinary users love. Scanguard has an obvious main problem – it consumes many resources. Some versions of Scanguard demand 2 Gigabytes of random access memory!
Scanguard Features and Modules
If you need to configure computer remotely, then there is a tool that will help you. In detail in scanguard review it is not considered, but everyone can get acquainted with a press whale.
- Instant installation — allows to install one click different popular programs (ICQ, Skype, etc.)
- Protection of the browser — allows to protect the browser from unauthorized change of the search engine and/or the homepage. Unlike competitors, functions of safe viewing and blocking of “shadowing” the user are not provided.
- The firewall — the regular Windows firewall is quite good and it will satisfy requirements of most of users. If it appears a little, then Scanguard suggest to set (absolutely free of charge) GlassWire Firewall. Actually, after start of the Firewall tool you will see a window with the Set button. After installation of the firewall this button will start it.
- The sandbox — allows to start dangerous programs, all changes in system configuration made in a sandbox will not be reflected in a real system in any way. Very useful function if you are not sure of the application.
- Vulnerabilities — the useful scanner of system vulnerabilities allowing to check existence of security updates and different patches. Also there is an opportunity to set/delete this or that updating (patch) of safety.
- Cleaning of backup copies of a system — this tool was already shown earlier.
- Disk compression — allows to release disk space due to compression of system files. By the test machine the tool suggested to release 4.7 GB by compression. Remember that compression of system files for certain will lead to decline in production therefore it is necessary to resort to this measure only as a last resort (when the free space is more important than productivity.
You can continue on your computer while Scanguard system. It doesn ‘t cause any slowdown. Another advantage of Scanguard is its excellent compatibility with other antivirus viruses. We know cases where users simultaneously installed paid Scanguard and free Avast (about which is below) on the computer.
Scanguard has a disadvantage, but it is quite substantial. In almost all reviews and independent studies, this anti-virus ranks last in file treatment statistics. There have also been figures such as one cured file of 1000. this is, of course, a sad fact. However, as a virus blocker on the new OS, this program can be considered.